Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Meg Tilly Talks Life After Hollywood

Actress Meg Tilly, 56, recently sat down for an interview with People to talk about life after leaving Hollywood. Here's what she had to say:

On being hit on by sleazy men:
“Back then, the female lead was kind of the fire hydrant that all the men wanted to prove themselves on, so you’d get hit on a lot. Not because they knew me or even wanted to know me. It was more a measuring post for other men. That was challenging sometimes. It was challenging dealing with the different egos and having to work with people after you’ve said, ‘No, I’m sorry, I really don’t want to.’ Then they’d still push you because they wanted to be the one to get the girl.”

On wanting to give her children a normal life:
“I would always take my children with me when I went on movies. That worked really well for a few years. But then one year, we went to shoot Leaving Normal and when we came back, my daughter’s best friend was best friends with someone else. She was devastated. I couldn’t be gone six to nine months from my children’s lives. I had a challenging childhood, so I didn’t feel like I could trust somebody else to raise them. My children didn’t ask to be born. I had a responsibility to be there.”

On throwing herself into motherhood:
"My daughter once told me, ‘You think if you just make a big stack of pancakes, it will solve the world’s problems.’ And I did! They had the hot cookies after school and a hot breakfast every morning. I just wanted to be one of those Leave it to Beaver moms. I was just trying to love them the way I knew how best.”

On older sister Jennifer Tilly:
“My sister gave me a bracelet a few years ago that said, ‘It’s never too late to be what you might have been.'”

On playing Brad Pitt's age-appropriate wife in Netflix's War Machine:
“I’m actually older than him! It’s unheard of though, right? At the screening, women kept coming up to me and saying how much they appreciated an age-appropriate wife for the female lead. I must have heard it 50 times.” 

On life after Hollywood:
“It’s not always great being famous. I love not being watched all the time. I’m not career-building. I just want my life. I love my life. I’m really blessed. I’ve had lots of times where I didn’t love my life. There’s been hard times, but now I just feel so blessed.”



No comments:

Post a Comment