Friday, June 9, 2017

Jared Leto Does Not Want to Be a Daddy

Jared Leto recently sat down for an interview with ES Magazine. Here are some highlights from the interview:

On having no plans to reproduce:
"I think it’s really important to be present if you have children. I have a lot of… things to take care of."

On how his mother inspired him:
"She encouraged me that a creative path is a worthy one. It was really brave of her to do that. The creative path is one that is fraught with imbalance and uncertainty, self-consciousness, fear and doubt."

On reading Frederich Nietzsche as a child:
"The Will to Power is such a fascinating thing. I think we’re probably more responsible for the definition of ourselves than most of us would think. Probably. A great deal of the world thinks that… they may not have as much… authority in their own lives as they do. But I have found that we are… very responsible for our stories. Yep."

On his new house in the Hollywood Hills, which is a disused Air Force case and served as a military film studio:
"God knows what they did here. But it talks. We’ve already had ghost sightings reported by my housekeeper. A handyman quit the project as he had an encounter. But I feel quite at home up here. It’s like a refuge. You’re at the top of this mountain. There’s this breeze coming through. It’s hard to leave."

On method acting:
"I don’t think I need to do it for every role. I mean if I was in Baywatch II, I don’t think I’d need to do it. That would be so much fun, to be in a movie as fun as that. But everyone’s got to do what works for them. Some people can be eating chicken nuggets with a stripper on their lap and then jump right into it. I’ve always just done what I have to do in order to do a good job — and I feel I do a better job when I give a bigger commitment. The shows that stand out with Thirty Seconds to Mars are the ones where I’m willing to cross the line and step into that uncomfortable place of imbalance, where I don’t understand what’s going to happen next. The same is true of climbing."

Read the full interview at ES Magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment