Saturday, June 10, 2017

Adam West Has Passed Away

Another sad death to report. TV's Batman, Adam West, has passed away at the age of 88 after a short battle with leukemia. West struggled to find acting work after Batman, but had a career resurgence as a voice actor. On Batman's cancellation, West has said, “The only thing I thought is that it would be the end of me, and it was for a bit. But then I realized that what we created in the show … we created this zany, lovable world. I look around and I see the adults — I see you grew up with me, and you believe in the adventure. I never believed this would happen, that I would be up here with illustrious people like yourselves. I’m so grateful! I’m the luckiest actor in the world, folks, to have you still hanging around.”

West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. His family released the following statement: “Our dad always saw himself as The Bright Knight and aspired to make a positive impact on his fans' lives. He was and always will be our hero.” Read his full obituary at The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment