Monday, June 5, 2017

Martha Stewart Talks Dating

Martha Stewart recently sat down for an interview with Town and Country Magazine. Here are some of the highlights:

Do you have a preferred cocktail?
"I like cocktails. I’m actually the cocktail mistress of the Martha & Snoop show. I make up all the cocktails and I feed them to Snoop, who’s not really a drinker, so he gets totally drunk off of them. I make the best bourbon sour, the best margaritas, really good saketinis, and kir royales, but Caipirinhas are my favorite drink."

How’s dating life going for you?
"I don’t have that much time for casual dating..."

Do you care about whether or not the person is a good cook or keeps a clean house?
"Not really. It’s more like, how much time do I want to spend with that particular person? How interesting is that person to me?"

What's the worst date you’ve been on?

"I went to the lounge area at Le Bernardin with this guy. He had to go somewhere afterward, and I had to go somewhere after. It wasn’t a first date, but it was like a second or third date. We each had places to go; he did not ask me to go with him to the second place. We had cocktails and a little caviar or something. Then he just got up and said he had to run, and he ran out and didn’t pay! And I thought that was extremely rude."

Do you have a go-to guilty pleasure food?

"My guilty pleasure is not at all interesting: It's a spoon of really good organic peanut butter, or a slice of American cheese from my housekeeper’s drawer. I steal American slices sometimes—in the plastic, it’s so horrible. But it’s such a good snack. I eat pickled herring as a late-night snack before I go to bed because it’s savory and good. I like liverwurst, and I know how bad it is now. I love squeezing it out of the tube and just eating calves' liverwurst."

Read the full interview at Town and Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment