Monday, May 1, 2017

Shay Mitchell Takes a Ton of Selfies

Shay Mitchell recently appeared on the cover of Ocean Drive Magazine. Here's what she had to say in the accompanying interview about the end of Pretty Little Liars, and taking selfies:

What’s your favorite Pretty Little Liars memory?
"My first day on set and the very first scene that I shot with Lucy Hale. It was the same scene that I auditioned with. Those memories just stick with you. And the last scene will always be a really fond memory, although sad. It was all of us girls saying goodbye, and it was by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done. All of us were crying. And if one of us stopped crying, we would look over at the other one who was crying and we would start again! It was incredibly emotional. It’s been seven years and a long journey, and so many things happened—from our crew growing up and having kids to engagements and weddings. We have been a huge family, and it’s always sad to say goodbye."

What did you think of the PLL finale? 
"Marlene King [the show’s creator and executive producer] has said that this last season was like our love letter to the fans. We wanted to really give a season to them, which meant that it would be the most romantic season and one that would answer every question that people have had—most of them, at least. You will find out who has been the mastermind of this entire thing, and it’s going to be a really fun ride for the fans."

You’re a queen on social media! How do you take a good selfie? 

"My biggest tip is to take 5,000 photos. I’m not even joking. My friends who have taken photos of me know that it takes an entire camera roll full of photos, and hopefully, fingers crossed, there will be one that I like. I always want to make it a point to say that when girls say, "You take such good photos!" Also realize that I, like you, take 5,000 different shots to get the one I like. We all do the same thing; I’m definitely no different. And I really think [social media] shouldn’t be taken too seriously. I like seeing other people’s outfits of the day, so if I’m wearing an outfit that I like, I take a photo against a white wall and there we go. So start filling up your camera roll, okay? And always find the light! Natural light is the best."

Is dating in Hollywood difficult?

"I think it’s hard to date in general. Everyone has the same struggles, whether you work in Hollywood or not. We all have the same insecurities when it comes to relationships. The only difference in Hollywood is that your relationship is more public. It’s about how comfortable people in Hollywood are with posting about their relationship and knowing it is going to get picked up by every single news outlet. For me, like other parts of my life, I want to live it exactly how I want to live it. If I post something on social media, then you have all the right in the world to ask me about it, because I’m putting it out there. But with [relationships], I don’t. I’m having fun, I’m very happy, and that’s it. I don’t want to have anyone look at my Instagram and see a timeline of guys I’ve dated."

You Snap a lot of your workouts, sometimes doing three in a row. How do you find the time? 

"Whenever people ask, "When do you feel most beautiful or confident?," it’s after I work out. It’s then even more so than when I’m on a red carpet all glammed up, because I’ve gotten stronger and pushed myself. I’m a competitive person, but I’m competitive with myself more than anybody else. Do I think I’m extreme? Yes, absolutely. Do I think people need to do three workouts in a day? No. But if it makes you happy, then go for it! The body is such a wonderful machine and you don’t understand or appreciate it unless you take care of it. That’s why I like to do it, and because of the fact that I fucking love food so much and I need to work it off."

Read the full interview at Ocean Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment