Friday, May 5, 2017

Sarah Paulson Bought Emma Roberts' House

Sarah Paulson recently talked to Architectural Digest about buying her American Horror Story co-star Emma Roberts' house. Here's what she had to say:

AD: A little birdie told us you just bought a house.
Sarah Paulson: "I did just buy a house! It’s in Los Angeles."

AD: And Emma Roberts used to own it, right? Were you just hanging out there one time and asked her if you could buy it, or how did it happen?
SP: "I had never been to her house actually, but I was really starting for the first time…I’m a New Yorker at heart, so the idea of living in a box over a subway stop never really bothered me, and it’s all I ever really thought I wanted and I was totally content with, but it turned out when you live in Los Angeles for a long enough time, you start to realize: "Wait, you mean I can figure out a rug, and a bedspread, and a painting that I love?!" And all of a sudden those things were starting to become things I was aware of in terms of my own personal tastes. And I happen to think Emma has incredible taste. And we worked together, and I think Emma was doing Scream Queens at the time and I was still doing American Horror Story, and I was standing with one of the producers, who is a friend of Emma’s as well, and she texted very casually, "Oh, I want to sell my house." I don’t think she was that serious. I was sitting there and I said to him: "Tell her right now I want to go see that house!" And it happened very, very quickly, and I’m not 100 percent sure she really wanted to do that but it’s too late now—I’ve already done so much stuff to it you can’t even imagine!"

AD: So you’re doing a renovation and redecoration?

SP: "I did do a renovation—the redecorating hasn't even started. I took out a lot of things that were in there. I changed the floors. There were beautiful 12-inch-wide oak plank floors that I pulled out and poured polish concrete through the whole house. I just love that look. I love the idea of having something very cold on the bottom of something and building the warmth up from it, because I love color. I have a lot of Moroccan farm French weird things happening in my house, and turquoise and fuchsia, so I thought, If I have a beautiful gray floor and white walls I have a nice clean palette to play with."

AD: Do you have any dream items or plans for the home you have your eye on now that you’re a homeowner for the first time?

SP: "Hmm, no, but I think basically a big mistake I made was making it all about the interior. The house is a really “indoor-outdoor house,” in that the front of the house is really unassuming in that there’s no windows really. You can’t really tell what it is and in the back, where the master bedroom and the living room are, it’s all floor-to-ceiling windows that open completely out, so it’s basically about the outside being part of the inside. I haven’t done anything to the outside yet. Emma had never done anything, and it turns out that she was like, "You can have a pool here if you want one, it’s permitted for it." And I’m like, "Oh, great!" I had the guy come up, and it turns out there is a pool already underneath the ground! I just saw her the other day and I’m like, "Did you know you had a pool under there?" She was like, "WHAT! I WOULD HAVE CHARGED YOU SO MUCH MORE MONEY!""

Read the full interview at Architectural Digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment