Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Melissa Etheridge Gets High With Her Kids

Melissa Etheridge recently sat down for an interview with Yahoo News, where she talked about her relationships with marijuana and her older children from her relationship with Julie Cypher, 20-year-old Bailey Jean Cypher and 18-year-old Beckett Cypher. Here's what she had to say:

“My children have a very clear understanding of cannabis. When I hold it without shame or confusion, then they can understand it as simple as if I was pointing to a bottle of Percocet and said that’s Mama’s medicine. You take the naughtiness out of it and it’s not something that kids then run to...I’d much rather have a smoke with my grown kids than a drink.” 

On becoming an advocate for marijuana after battling cancer in 2004:

“I smoked to be normal. I smoked to be out of pain. I smoked to lighten myself because you’re poisoning yourself with chemo. It wasn’t about being high; it wasn’t at all anything like that. It was just being to a place where I could communicate with my children, to where I could get up, to where I could eat, where I didn’t have to go to the hospital. It was great medicine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment