Friday, April 21, 2017

Ina Garten Talks Life Choices

Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten recently appeared on the Katie Couric Podcast. Here's what she had to say about her marriage of 49 years to husband Jeffrey, as reprinted by Page Six:


“We decided not to have children. I really appreciate that other people do and we will always have friends that have children that we are close to but it was a choice I made very early. I really felt, I feel, that I would have never been able to have the life I’ve had. So it’s a choice and that was the choice I made.”

Couric interjects that sometimes couples who choose not to have children are sometimes treated differently in society.

“I never felt that people did. I think that one thing that we miss is a lot of people’s friends are the parents of their kids friends. So we never had that connection with other people that I see, that network. But no, I never felt judged by it — maybe people did but I didn’t notice.”

On the key to her long-lasting marriage:
“The secret is that you just take care of each other and admire each other and support each other and you get that back. If Jeffrey and I disagree on something, he always agrees with me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment