Monday, April 17, 2017

Goldie Hawn is Making a Comeback

Goldie Hawn hadn't made a movie since 2002's The Banger Sisters. In the new Entertainment Weekly, she talked about deciding to do the new movie Snatched with Amy Schumer. Here's what she had to say:

"It was the right time. I've been working on my foundation for years, but in my mind I always wondered: Will I ever make people laugh again? I remember when I walked in the theater for Private Benjamin...it wasn't about me, it was about everybody in that audience. They were laughing and they were happy. Life is hard. And it only gets harder. So it's an important thing to be able to have that. This came around and it was a gift from God.


..I think doing the same thing for your entire life can be boring. I always knew that the second half or third or whatever of my life, I'd want to do something different. And so I changed my life around—I was working with children and scientists, and it was amazing. When I came back and I was getting in makeup, I looked at the set and saw the cameras. I saw Amy sitting there and I thought, 'I'm walking backwards.' I walked out and it was like putting on new dance shoes.

I've gotten excited thinking about doing more film, but there's also a piece of me that loves the [entertainment] world we're living in now. I'm thinking of doing something like a limited series. Definitely there's a toe back in."

No comments:

Post a Comment