Monday, April 17, 2017

Priscilla Presley Reflects Back on Elvis

Priscilla Presley recently sat down for an interview with News.com.au, where she reflected back on her marriage to Elvis. Here are some highlights:

“I miss his laughter. His laughter was so contagious. He’d start and everyone would start — they didn’t know what they were laughing about, they just got so much enjoyment from being with him. Watching him was such an experience, It was really heartfelt and I really miss that a lot. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who laughed like that. He was like a little boy.”

On adjusting to fame:
“I’m still not comfortable being in the limelight. Memphis was pretty good about protecting him and letting us live our lives. But in California though, we’d be lying out by the pool in our backyard and hear the rustling of trees and, sure enough, the paparazzi would be hiding behind them. You’d always be on guard, always looking around. I don’t think you ever get that comfortable being in the limelight. Sure, there are a lot of people who love it, but it still doesn’t seem normal to me.”

On whether or not Elvis would be on social media if he was alive today:
“I could not see him doing that at all! He just never got into the fame thing. He performed, but if you look back he hardly did any interviews. He did what he was supposed to do, but he wasn’t into it. He was a very private person. I definitely can’t see him on social media. We’ve joked about this before with some of the inner-circle, saying that ‘Elvis would never be on Facebook!’ He just wasn’t that guy. He was so much more into his art and music than being Elvis Presley.”

No comments:

Post a Comment