Monday, April 17, 2017

Gal Godot Almost Didn't Become an Actress

Gal Godot is on the cover of W Magazine; here are some highlights from the accompanying interview:

On being asked to audition to play a Bond girl in Quantum of Solace:
“I said, ‘No way.’ I said, ‘I’m studying law and international relations. I’m way too serious and smart to be an actress, and besides, the script is all in English.’ I spoke English, but I wasn’t comfortable with it.”

On auditioning for Wonder Woman:
“When I auditioned for Batman v Superman, I didn’t know it was for Wonder Woman. The director, Zack Snyder, asked me to do a camera test. That was torture. They were looking at six or seven girls, and we were all in separate trailers and were told to stay inside until they called us. Waiting is my enemy Number One, and I was losing my mind. So, I decided to put on BeyoncĂ©. Who runs the world? Girls! I just started to dance, and I let my anxiety go. Thank you, BeyoncĂ©!”

On the internet's (negative) reaction to her casting:
“ ’Cause my boobs were too small. Yeah—that was a big problem. The Web really paid attention to the important side of Wonder Woman.”

No comments:

Post a Comment