Saturday, April 22, 2017

Chris Pratt Got a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

E! News reports that Chris Pratt received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday. Here's what he had to say at the ceremony:

"I'm not sure I'm worthy. I'm a man of faith, and I believe that God works in mysterious ways and gives us signs and gifts in life. Those gifts oftentimes come in the form of people. So, I'll just spend the rest of my time expressing gratitude for the people in my life who are gifts. My mom is here. She gave absolutely everything she had to raise us. Every fiber of her being. Oftentimes we weren't cash rich, but we were never love poor. You gave everything. And you were always proud of me, way before any of this. When I was a waiter at Coco's, you just couldn't get enough of me. You were like that with all of your kids and you continue to be that way.

[My brother] is my star and always has been. He played a major supporting role in raising me and was a big fan of mine and always guided me. I love you. And he continues to guide me. [My sister] taught me how to fight. She taught me how to value emotions. She taught me how to have a backbone. She made some profound sacrifices for our family so that I could be down here chasing my dreams. You know what I'm talking about, so I'm grateful. You're so funny and you're so smart and I love you."

To Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn:
"It's a role that's change my life—it's changed so many lives. My wife's life, children in hospitals, my real estate agent, my great grandkids. They're all going to benefit. I'm grateful for your mind and your drive and your talent and your belief in me and your trust in me." 

On to wife Anna Faris:
"Lastly, I want to thank my wife. Anna, I love you. You've given me so much. You gave me the greatest star in the galaxy, my little boy. I love him and I love you. We have bonded to make this molecule that is more important to me than air or water, and without it, none of this means anything to me. With every challenge, every day, week, month, decade, we become more and more bonded. You make me laugh like nobody else. You're very carrying. Thank you for your trust and for your sacrifice and for your dedication and your heart. I will do my best to protect it, and in return I will give you all of those things as well. You have my heart and my dedication and my trust. Without you, none of this would mean anything. It would just mean something to the guy who polishes them still."


"To the chasers, to the dreamers, to all the kids out there, I give you my deepest thanks and my most sincere gratitude. Thank you very much."

No comments:

Post a Comment