Friday, December 16, 2016

Ryan Reynolds Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Entertainment Tonight reports that Ryan Reynolds has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The ceremony was attended by his wife Blake Lively, and their two children. Their daughter James, almost 2, was really hamming it up for the cameras! Here are some highlights from his speech:

"I am sitting here looking out at so many people I love and respect, and many people who have put me up here as well, so this is just absolutely unbelievable for me on so many levels," he gushed. "I walked down this street actually when I was 15 years old for the very first time with my brother, Patrick, who is sitting right there, and none of this was here. This was a Holiday Inn, believe it or not, and we left our room in the middle of the night to walk down this boulevard -- partly because we were curious, but partly because it was very apparent that the person in the hotel room next door was being murdered, so we were frightened but we came down here, we walked across this boulevard and we saw all these names and all these legends.

For me to have my name among them now is, it is just beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I always thought that if I got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame that it would be in Burbank, so it is nice that it is here. It's incredible that it is here.

I'm not supposed to talk long so I really want to focus on my family for one. My brothers, Patrick, Terry [and] Jeffrey, who are here, they are my big brothers. They have taught me everything you need to know about love, friendship, unprovoked violence, these guys could --my poor parents in their home -- these guys could turn any wall or a window into an exit immediately. I want to thank my mom, Tammy, who is here, who is, I mean, it baffles me that you have not stabbed all four of us at some point 'cause Lord knows we deserve it. You have four boys that each and every one of them would give their last blood for you, and I think that speaks less to the character of your boys, and more to the character within you, so you know it is very true.

I think we both know why that is -- 'cause I am very good at hiding things. I want to thank my wife, Blake, who is sitting right there, who is everything to me. You are the best thing, the best thing that has ever happened to me, secondly to this star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It's the Hollywood Walk of Fame, cut me some slack here! You make everything better, I mean absolutely everything in my life better. You have given us two of the most incredible children I could ever hope to have. You made me the father of my dreams when I thought I only had fun uncle potential, so thank you. I love you. And the last thing I'll say before I get off this stage is a tricky one, it's about my dad. He is no longer with us, he never made things easy on anyone, especially himself, but you know he would have gotten a real kick out of this, so this is also for him."


A photo posted by Ryan Reynolds (@foreverryanreynolds) on

No comments:

Post a Comment