Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Paris Hilton Wants You To Think of Her As a Businesswoman

Paris Hilton recently sat down for an interview with Harper's Bazaar; here's what she had to say:

"I want to be known as a businesswoman. I don't want to be known as a reality TV star, I don't like the way that sounds. I have really grown past that. Now I mostly focus on my empire and my brand, rather than everything else that comes with the reality star kind of life. I spend my time working rather than just enjoying myself and being on vacation. I am very focused on my business and when you live in that mind frame, you can stay away from the trashy tabloids."

On gender equality:
"Yes, it is a very male-dominated world, but I think the millennials in this new generation are seeing that it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. Women have been using their voice to fight for their passions and that's something to be proud of. Whether it's for labor laws, fighting in the entertainment industry, or just standing up for women in general—I love it and I hope this shift keeps going."

On wanting to be taken seriously:
 "When I moved to New York as a teenager I would just party all the time, but now people think I am actually smart because I have parlayed that into a very lucrative business. With partying, no one had ever been paid to go to a party. I was the first one to kind of invent that in Las Vegas at 20 years old. Back in the day, a DJ would maybe get $200 and they would be hidden in a DJ booth. Now they are headliners, making millions of dollars—the whole attraction is them. I saw that coming before it was actually happening."

On her relationship status:
"I love being single. Before, I could never be alone. I always needed a boyfriend. Now, I feel so independent and I am so happy with myself. I don't need anyone to validate my happiness."

On wanting to be a role model for young women:
"For a long time I didn't know what I wanted. I just felt like this kid who was never going to grow up, but now I feel like I have. I have had so many adversities against me and people who have not wanted me to succeed in certain areas, but I am proving people wrong all the time. I want to be a role model for young women who want to be an entrepreneur like me."

Read the full interview at Harper's Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment