Friday, December 16, 2016

Kardashian Korner

Khloe Kardashian is on the cover of January's Health Magazine. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

What do you look for when you pick out a pair of jeans?
"I always like a little higher rise because of my little cupcakes or love handles. I've also learned that I love to shop at home. Denim and bathing suits are the two most intimidating things to buy in a store. You have some great sales clerk who's like, "You look fabulous!" And I'm like, "Do I?" I don't even know, with the lighting and the skinny mirrors. I like to order online, or else I buy things like bell-bottoms because I got talked into them. I love bell-bottoms, but I'm not stick-thin. Kendall and I are similar heights, but she has a totally different body than me. She could do bell-bottoms. She's more rock star."

Can you pinpoint when your body transformation started?
"I was going through my divorce, and I just really needed an outlet. I had turned to food and had an unhealthy relationship with food my whole life, and I was like, "Food has never helped me lose weight." So I joined Equinox, and I would go there and put my headphones on and get on the elliptical or the stairs, and no one would bother me or ask me questions—because even at Starbucks, I would get "I'm sorry..." I would watch The Real Housewives or something mindless, and I felt like all the stress I was under, all the paparazzi—I blocked out all that noise. I escaped there, and as a by-product, I started losing weight. Then I thought, "OK, I'm gonna call a trainer, and Gunnar Peterson has been a family friend of ours." He changed my body."

How have you dealt with the haters and critics?
"Some people were like, "It took you so long to lose weight." And I'm like, "I've been fat or out of shape my whole life. It's gonna take time to reprogram my body." But some people were like, "I liked you better when you were fat." I get body-shamed now that I work out! But I don't care what weight I am. It's genuinely about me being healthy. I was never like, "I want to lose 30 pounds in 30 days." Trust me: I've done juice cleanses. I did the Master Cleanse. Like, what would Beyoncé do? But it didn't work for my body and my lifestyle."

How do you handle cravings? You've got jars of cookies and candy everywhere.
"I do. It's like I love to fuck with myself. What's crazy is that I'm so used to it. I don't crave it here. But when I go to someone else's house, you can't stop me. I do believe that if you're having a craving, don't deprive yourself—everything in moderation."

Who's the cook in your family?
"Kylie and me. Kourtney is horrendous. I don't think she knows how to scramble eggs."

One thing that so many women admire about you is your strength, especially during tough times, like Lamar's health crisis. What kept you strong?
"It's so interesting. This is kind of dark, but after that, my whole family changed all of their wills so that I would be their medical adviser, because you don't know how someone reacts until you're put in that situation—God forbid. No one should be put in those situations, but with that, I found strength from within. I was super calm, and I was more like, "It's greater than you," and you just get strength. I pray a lot. And I talk to my dad a lot."

Kendall said that if you were a Disney princess, you'd be Belle: "Bold, beautiful, imaginative, brave, protective, kind, accepting, stubborn, curious, outspoken, [and] independent."
"Oh my gosh. I love that. I do feel like I would date the Beast. The Beast is, like, big and oversized. I didn't like when he turned into the prince. He was cooler as the Beast. My boyfriend's a cutie, so I do like big men."

You mean Tristan Thompson?
"Yeah, Tristan. I'm five-ten, and he's six-nine. I love athletes. Someone who has the same interests as me, who likes to work out, like that's their hobby or their job, that's fine. Tristan is who I'm into. He's a little cutie."

At the end of your life, what do you want to be remembered for the most?
"For me, it's more about how I made someone feel rather than what I did. I'd love for someone to be like, "I love the way she loved me.""




No comments:

Post a Comment