Thursday, August 4, 2016

Mandy Moore Talks Life Post-Divorce

Mandy Moore spoke publicly for the first time since her divorce from husband Ryan Adams was finalized at the TCA's This Is Us panel. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by E! News"It's tough. Life is not easy. I think it's been great to be able to take all of the chapters in my life and be able to pour it into a job like this because it all helps. It's all fuel. I think everything happens for a reason. I think I spent a good portion of the last years of my life really pouring all of my energy into my life and relationship, and now that that's sort of not part of my life any more. It's just not a coincidence to me that things sort of opened back up, and I'm able to focus back on myself again."

On her music career:
"I'm not working on anything at the moment, but once this gets up and running, I want to go back to music. I think life sort of put it on the backburner. Acting and being in film, trying to do television, has always been a huge priority and it was the thing that—the ball was rolling the most. Even though I started in music, I feel like it continued to give me way more opportunities than music did. Now that I feel like this part of my life is percolating and up and running again, it'll allow me creatively to focus back on the music...I've been writing for the last seven years since I put out a record, so I have a trough of music to choose from. I also feel like a lot has happened in the last two years of my life that I want to be able to put into music and it'll be cathartic."


No comments:

Post a Comment