Monday, August 1, 2016

Blake Shelton Talks Gwen Stefani Again

Blake Shelton sat down for an interview with Billboard Magazine to talk about Gwen Stefani. Here's what he had to say:

On his new album:
"You can learn some facts of my divorce. Maybe not specifics, but you can get a general idea about it. It is my divorce record, but maybe even more than that, it's my happy, falling-in-love record too. When we recorded the vocals for some of these songs, I was only six months removed from when all the crap went down. When you have a broken heart -- at least, when I do -- you got to get it out of your system. You want people to sympathize with you. I was at rock bottom, in the middle of hell."

On moving in with Adam Levine in the midst of his divorce:
"As close as we have been, we got even closer."

On Gwen's reaction when Blake announced his divorce:
"I won't forget that day," he says. "I looked over at Gwen -- who I didn't really know -- and she had these huge tears in her eyes. I thought, 'Wow, she feels super bad for me!' I thought it was going to be another one of those things-are-going-to-be-OK talks. She didn't tell me much, because we didn't know each other at the time, but she said, 'I'm going through something very similar to what you're going through. I understand. And I hate it.' That's kind of how our friendship and bond started, that day. It went from that, to checking in on each other once a week through email -- 'This shit happened to me, what happened to you?' -- to maybe three times a week, then every day, to 'Hey, here's my phone number if you ever want to text.' Next thing I know, I wake up and she's all I care about, and I'm ­wondering if she feels the same about me. Gwen saved my life. Who else on earth could understand going through a high-profile divorce from another musician? You can't even imagine the similarities in our divorces."

On Donald Trump:
"I'm not going to have the political conversation with you about Trump, or about Hillary Clinton, but I will tell you this: Whether you love him or hate him, he says what he thinks, and he has proven that you don't always have to be so afraid. A lot of people are pulling for him, no matter how much Hollywood fights it. I see people who don't like him go and beat up people that do like him. You tell me, who's crazy here?...I probably wish there was another option, but there's not."


Although, it appears that Blake may not be entirely happy with the interview, as he tweeted this yesterday when the interview came out:




No comments:

Post a Comment