Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Alicia Vikander Talks Michael Fassbender

Get ready, we're going to be reading this shit all the way up until the Oscars, which is a good six months away. Alicia Vikander sat down for an interview with Vanity Fair to talk about "boyfriend" Michael Fassbender while simultaneously pimping out their movie The Light Between Oceans. Here's what she had to say:

On being blindfolded before she saw the movie's real life lighthouse for the first time:
“They put me in a woodshed. There were no windows. They put me in my clothes and my hair. I’m going to open this door in 16 minutes now, and then you are going to see a small film crew somewhere. . . . Derek just wants you to do whatever you want to do...I saw the lighthouse and this amazing sea, and I was crawling up onto this hill where the lighthouse was because I saw the camera crew there. And then when I got up, it was the ocean on the other side of the hill and the sun came up. And I had never seen such nature in my entire life. So it’s a bit silly when I see that take in the film. And I’m like, ‘Oh my God, that’s just not acting. That’s just me being like, ‘Oh my God!’ ”

On Michael Fassbender:
“He was very sweet at letting me in. . . . He was like, ‘Can you please give me a note? What do you think I should do?’ It was such a sweet thing to kind of let me in.”

Their director Derek Cianfrance on their romance:
“It wasn’t hard for me to see that the chemistry could be there, just knowing them as individuals. What I saw was two great people who were so supportive of each other, who were really picking each other up, and pushing each other. . . . They were an undeniably good match and they pushed each other. . . . Michael and Alicia, they were like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. They were going to make one another better. And they were better together.”


No comments:

Post a Comment