Sunday, July 31, 2016

Ellen Pompeo Wants You To Know She Is Naturally Thin

Ellen Pompeo, 46, recently sat down for an interview with People, where she opened up about the speculation about her weight. Here's what she had to say:

“I used to get a lot of criticism for how thin I was, and I didn’t have a lot confidence because of it. But I was naturally thin. I always thought it was irresponsible of the media to portray me as someone with an eating disorder because if some girls look up to me and think that’s what you have to do to look like me, it’s a horrifying concept. I listened to the criticism a little too much — and this was pre-social media. It’s even crazier to think what women have to deal with now.”

On aging:
“For me, personally, I don’t do Botox or anything like that. It can’t be what’s on the outside, it’s gotta be what’s on the inside. I think when you’re in your ’20s and ’30s, you’re super obsessed with your looks because you don’t have any other wisdom. I have the wisdom to know that growing old is a privilege that not everyone is afforded. If my physical beauty is the only thing that leaves me and my health and my family stay, then that is what’s really important to me.”

On Grey's Anatomy:
“I think when you’re in your ’20s and ’30s, you’re super obsessed with your looks because you don’t have any other wisdom,. I have the wisdom to know that growing old is a privilege that not everyone is afforded. If my physical beauty is the only thing that leaves me and my health and my family stay, then that is what’s really important to me...I thought, ‘Why would I leave something that is super successful and pays me great to search the landscape?’ I decided that I would stay on Grey’s and be grateful and try to ride it out for as long as I could. And I am very happy that I made the decision to stay. It’s only gotten better with time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment