Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Samuel L. Jackson Talks Getting Clean

Samuel L. Jackson recently opened up to People about how his wife LaTanya and daughter Zoe inspired him to overcome his addiction to drugs and alcohol. He is quoted as follows:

"You look into people's eyes at a certain point, and you realize that they're not punishing you, they're actually telling you the truth. That you are at a point now that you can go this way [or] you can go that way. You have to look in the mirror and say to yourself, 'Okay, I really need to do this for myself.' And you become a very selfish individual. 

They're very important in that process. But the most important thing to do is to save yourself first so that you can be of service to those people that you love, and they made me understand that. It was great...They found me passed out on the floor after I left somebody's bachelor party and put my ass in rehab the next day and supported me and pushed me and give me a reason to get up and go and chase it day after day."


No comments:

Post a Comment