Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Diane Kruger Talks Arrogance

Actress Diane Kruger recently sat down for an interview with Town and Country Magazine, where she had this to say about the time surrounding her failed first marriage:


"I had become arrogant. I had been a model, I spoke three languages, I had a career. I felt I had figured it all out. And then I realized that I was living this very privileged life in my own bubble that I created and I don't know anything about what's really going on in the world and I don't ask enough questions...I made a lot of different choices. I cut people out of my life who I felt were enabling my bubble. Meeting someone like my partner (Joshua Jackson), who has a very different perspective, who likes to travel in a different way and be open to various experiences, was so important. I was 30 years old and I was already bored of fancy hotels."

On issues of fair pay:
"I have yet to be paid the same amount as a male co-star. And absolutely I've been labeled a bitch, or difficult to work with, when I've spoken up about something. Or it's, 'She doesn't really know what she's talking about.' " 

On playing a character with Asperger's on The Bridge:
"Something I learned that is shocking is that girls are less often diagnosed with it because there's this stigma that girls are just being bitches. Maybe that's why they cast me. I can be very direct." 

On why she doesn't use a stylist:
"I just feel like it's not that hard to know what you like."


No comments:

Post a Comment