Friday, July 1, 2016

Catching Up with Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan is turning 30 tomorrow. She recently sat down for an interview with Vanity Fair to talk about the milestone birthday. Here's what she had to say:

Vanity Fair: How do you feel about turning 30?
Lindsay Lohan: "I feel great! Age is only a number, right? I have learned a lot over time. I am in a wonderful place in life and look forward to the near and far future and projects that I am working on."

Are you having any of those turning-30, “I should run a marathon” moments?
"I have run a lot of marathons over the years, so to speak. I am in the process of writing a book, and I am very excited to share my personal experiences in life and how to overcome obstacles. I hope that my words will connect with those who need some guidance when [or] if they are in a tough place. I am grateful that I have a voice, which I can now feel comfortable using as a platform to let people know that we all have ups and downs in life, and we can all come up from the downs if we get in touch with our inner self and spiritual side."

What excites you most about the next decade of your life?
"Making more films, writing my book, starting my charity, working with children a lot. Maybe having some of my own soon—after I get some movies done, first."

Do you have any regrets?
"I wouldn't call things regrets, per se. I can’t turn back time. But if I could, I would have listened more to my mother and gone back home to N.Y.C. earlier in life and chosen my friends more wisely."

What would your 30-year-old self tell your younger self when she started filming The Parent Trap?
"I can’t say that I would have listened then, haha. My mother taught me to always be humble, and that is something I live by still today, so I would say that. I would also probably say don’t go too fast. Pay attention to the people you surround yourself with and make sure they have honest intentions. Put yourself first, and just breathe. Be happy and always be grateful for the moment you have in front of you. Be here, now."

Do you have any advice for other women turning 30?
"Just, be happy and take care of yourself! Not to freak out. Embrace it."


No comments:

Post a Comment