Sunday, June 26, 2016

Jon Gosselin Talks Co-Parenting With Kate

I know you're all very invested in how things are going with Jon Gosselin, so here's the latest. In a recent interview with Yahoo! Celebrity, Gosselin reveals that he hasn't seen son Colin in a year and a half. He is quoted as follows:


“I can’t do anything. It’s unfair of her to do that, considering she claims that she does her best for all my kids. Dah, dah, dah, drama. ‘I’m perfect.’ No one’s perfect, honey. Trust me. Now all the secrets are coming out because I’m not afraid to say anything. ‘How come you only get four kids?’ Because who I get is who I get. Whoever comes through that gate or gets off that [school] bus is who I get. And Collin is homeschooled, so he doesn’t get off a bus. If the kids want to come, they come. I love them all, but I am going to focus on the ones that want to come. My hands are tied.

People are always like, ‘Oh, I would fight so hard [for a better custody arrangement].’ I’m like, ‘Honey, you don’t have the money to fight that hard. Do you know how expensive court is? You have no idea.’ All the filings — and I do my own filings, then submit them to a law firm for stamp of approval — I have to pay for that. And pay all the court fees in the hopes that you’ll get something out of it. I’ve been going to court for seven years now. Unless you can arbitrate out of it and have a working relationship with the other parent, you’re going to spend a lot of money. Kate tells my kids a lot of stuff, and they tell me. I don’t want to get my kids in trouble, but she pretty much alienates me. ‘He’s a party boy. He does this…’

On what he does with the kids that do come for visitation:
“We do all normal stuff. I don’t isolate my kids. I integrate them into society. I bring them to my charity events if it’s tasteful, no alcohol. I integrate them with friends in the neighborhood. Because they go to private school in a different county, all their school friends live in that county. So I join the public pool and that kind of stuff so they can see [their local] friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment