Friday, March 4, 2016

Amy Adams Talks Pay Gap

Amy Adams recently sat down for an interview with British GQ, where she addressed the pay gap on the movie American Hustle (which Jennifer Lawrence had spoken out against). She is quoted as follows:

On why she waited so long to talk about it:
"...because I disagreed with ... not Jennifer per se, but people who had opinions on how women should go about negotiating. The truth is we hire people to negotiate on our behalf, men and women ... I knew I was being paid less and I still agreed to do it because the option comes down to do it or don’t do it. So you just have to decide if it’s worth it for you. It doesn’t mean I liked it."

On David O. Russell making her cry while filming American Hustle:
"He did ... I was really just devastated on set. I mean, not every day, but most. Jennifer [Lawrence] doesn’t take any of it on. She’s Teflon. And I am not Teflon. But I also don’t like to see other people treated badly ... It’s not ok with me. Life to me is more important than movies. It really taught me how to separate work and home. Because I was like, I cannot bring this experience home with me to my daughter."


No comments:

Post a Comment