Monday, February 1, 2016

The World's Most Romantic Post

We could spend all of our energy picking each other apart or we can appreciate what efforts are being made in an attempt to encourage more. When will we start to be inclusive not exclusive? When will the victory come from actually saving more animals, and our planet, and helping each other, instead of being motivated by our own righteousness and desire to feel superior by looking down at those who haven't taken on “our exact way of thinking?” I will repeat, if you are mean spirited it will never encourage people to adopt your way of thinking, it will scare them away from even trying and inevitably contribute even more damage to whatever you are so passionately fighting for. I remember when I first gave up meat, I was very critical of those around me who didn't agree with my lifestyle. And it wasn’t until I came to my own peace with my choices, and felt secure in those choices, that I realized I was judging others out of insecurity. Similar to what children do, fighting for their own identity attempting to separate from their parents, I was marching and screaming at those who would listen until I realized that it only had the opposite effect. I am asking all of you to look at your own lives, and wonder what more you could do if you came from a place of love. Nine months ago, I was just a girl trying to do something good for the world by not eating meat, and making small choices that would hopefully help our planet. I was asked to support, and bring awareness to an amazing line of bags, that will hopefully bring awareness to our own ability as people to create something beautiful out of recycled materials. This isn’t about labels, this is about shining a light on an effort to create something sustainable and eco-friendly, with the potential to shatter this stupid line we have drawn to separate ourselves into groups. I have certainly learned a lot from this experience, and it has only motivated me to continue to be a voice for all of you who are trying your best, who do care, and who are doing what they can to make better choices for the world.
A photo posted by Nikki Reed (@iamnikkireed) on

No comments:

Post a Comment