Thursday, February 4, 2016

Chris Pine Talks Strong Women

Chris Pine is appearing in the new Wonder Woman movie, due out next summer. The actor sat down for an interview with DuJour Magazine, where he talked about strong women. The magazine quotes him as follows:

"Action is so synonymous with violence and revenge and eye-for-an-eye; the masculine footprint in the world is so violent and obviously it hasn’t really gotten us anywhere. A woman at the forefront naturally leads with this compassion, and [is about] giving life instead of taking it. To have a strong woman who represents those qualities, I think we can start injecting this world with a little bit more of the ideology of compassion, love and positive moral strength rather than something destructive.

When I was a younger actor, I meditated and marinated over the effect on the long-term and the short-term, the this and the that. I thought myself out of so many things I could have done. Now, if a couple of things pop to me, if my internal speedometer is going in that direction, then I say, ‘Yeah. Let’s rock ‘n’ roll.'”

No comments:

Post a Comment