Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Amber Valletta Prefers Female Photographers

Model and actress Amber Valletta recently sat down for an interview with Porter, where she talked about working with female photographers. The magazine quotes her as follows, as reprinted by People:

“I always feel safe with a woman photographer. I feel that no matter how they interpret something, they understand all sides of it. Because they are women, and women are complex creatures. Men can appreciate it, but women get it. We internalize everything. Women are really coming into their own. When we look back on this time, we are going to see a real shift… in equality, in pay structure, in running companies, in coding. Maybe even in the presidency. Hopefully.”

On leaving home at 15 to model:
“I think she was really naïve. We were naïve, both of us. We were all naïve. Everybody’s constantly growing. It’s just whether or not you’re observing it or not, you know? In your 20s you can learn a lot and you can be very smart and clever and savvy. Especially these kids today. They seem like they have it all together. But let’s talk to them again when they’re 40 years old and see really who they are. Is it who they thought they were at 25?”

On turning 40:
“I feel so much more aware of who I am today as a woman since I turned 40. I don’t know, it’s kind of like the light bulb clicks on and you’re like, ‘Okay, who I used to be is sort of behind me. Who do I want to be and how do I want to live for the next 20 good years?'”


No comments:

Post a Comment