Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lily Rose Depp Talks Karl Lagerfeld

Lily-Rose Depp, 16, scored her first cover with Love Magazine. Inside, she talked about growing up in the public eye, and her relationship with Karl Lagerfeld. The magazine quotes her as follows:


On her acting career:
"I can act every single day because I love it; it’s just so liberating. It might be rare, but there are certain moments when you really don’t feel like yourself. When you are in the character so fully, it’s the best feeling ever. I so love it. Even if those moments come just once a day or every other day, they are just worth it."

On Karl Lagerfeld:
"Chanel has always been this big thing for me – there are baby pictures of me wearing my mom’s Chanel pumps. I have been lucky enough to know Karl since I was eight – yes, half my life. I have been so lucky to be around him and just talk to him. He makes people feel great. He is a presence. He’s very perceptive; I really feel like he understands people."

On Social Media:
"I first started using social media when I was 12 or something – not publicly, I had private accounts – but even since then people have been pretending to be me, and my brother. It’s so annoying. It’s super weird. The only thing I can do is let people know that is not me. My biggest fear is people reading something or seeing something on one of those fake accounts and thinking that came out of my mouth, when it didn’t. I am very specific about what I put out on social media about myself. But that’s also why I like social media, because it feels like the only thing that I have to control my own image. Everybody is going to say whatever the fuck they are going to say about me – and it is like this for everybody. I would be much less stressed out without social media. I am constantly afraid of getting hacked. It’s like being afraid of stepping on glass."


No comments:

Post a Comment