Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Kate Hudson Promotes Book

Kate Hudson is making the rounds to promote her new lifestyle book Pretty Happy: Healthy Ways to Love Your Body. This month, she sat down for an interview with Self Magazine. Here's what she had to say:

On change:

“I change my routine. I change my look. I change my mind. I really switch it up. I’ll do Tracy Anderson, I’ll do Body by Simone, I do everything. Nothing, literally nothing, makes me feel like I’m back to my body more than pilates. I’ll travel, and I’ll go for a run or I’ll Spin. But when I go home and get on the reformer or the Cadillac, my body immediately goes back. I can see an instant shift. [On location], that’s when it gets really hard. I’m one of those people who, it’ll be early in the morning and I’ll be in a robe getting my hair done, and I’ll use my Hot5 app—and do push-ups for five minutes!”

On Dieting:
“I’ve pretty much cut meat out. I don’t remember the last time I ate a steak. The hardest thing for me is eating right when I get up, because I don’t like to. I’m not one of those people who wakes up hungry. I wake up and I want coffee and even a green juice, but everybody says you’ve got to eat something, even if it’s little. So that’s sort of the hardest, but I realize that when I do, I eat less during the day or late at night.” 

On her fitness philosophy:
“If I want to go out and eat at a restaurant with amazing food, I’ll do that, like, once a week where I’m not thinking about it. I want to indulge! I want to do things that are not necessarily healthy sometimes. One day her thinking shifted. And she said, ‘You know what? I’m going to stop worrying about this stuff and just put one foot in front of the other.’ And the weight started coming off. I really do believe it starts in your head."

Read the full interview at Self.


A photo posted by Kate Hudson (@katehudson) on

No comments:

Post a Comment