Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sutton Foster Talks TV Stardom at 40

People caught up with Sutton Foster at the Season 2 Premiere of TV Land's Younger, in which she stars, to talk to her about finding success on TV at 40. Here's what she had to say:

"In a career choice of being a performer and an entertainer where there's no real job security and it's hard to look ahead at what's next, it's really cool to know that we have this next season and to know that the network is really behind us and really believes in the show. So it's exciting!

On getting the lead in Broadway's Thoroughly Modern Millie at 27:
"I remember being freaked out of my mind, thinking I can't handle this, and you kind of do fake it 'til you make it. Those growing pains are hard, and there are a lot of tears. I remember butt-naked crying on my dressing room floor because I was so fucking freaked out. But those things made me stronger, and in many ways, I'm grateful to have this experience of Younger at age 40 because I feel so much more settled and confident in my life, and I can sort of handle it in a more graceful way." 

On her character's love interest Josh (Nico Tortorella) vs hot boss Charles (Peter Hermann) as a potential love interest:
"People are like, 'Who do you pick?' and I'm like, 'I can't, don't make me choose!' What I love that the writers did is they created these two viable candidates. It's not like one's an a------ or one's a jerk or one has all this baggage. They're both really great guys, and they both provide Liza with these great options, so we'll see."


A photo posted by @suttonlenore on

No comments:

Post a Comment