Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ryan Reynolds Talks Losing His Father

Ahead of his starring turn as Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds sat down for an interview with Men's Health Magazine where he talked about losing his father in October. The magazine quotes him as follows:

"I understand the idea of filtering pain through a prism of comedy. I think this character does that quite well. He obviously takes it too far. He wakes up in the morning exclusively to annoy everyone around him. But for your average civilian like me, I think there's something really relatable about that idea, that there's something to be learned by taking life a little less seriously. [Portraying Deadpool] is something I needed to do. Because I really identified with this character...Laughing can serve you in those dark moments. and even help you crawl your way back out."

"In my dad's dying moments, we were making him laugh. We were all in there together, me and my brothers, just joking with him. And of course we end up busting each other's chops. I recommended that the doctor raise Dad's dose of Dilaudid in order to make my other brother more tolerable...It wasn't a bad way to go. If I could have the same death as my father, I would do it right now." 


No comments:

Post a Comment