Friday, January 29, 2016

Rebel Wilson Talks Clothing Line

Rebel Wilson recently sat down for an interview with E! News, where she talked about the plus-size clothing line she debuted in November, and body image in Hollywood. She is quoted as follows:

"In the plus-size fashion market there wasn't really stuff out there that I saw that was kind of youthful and on trend. I didn't think I'd be able to design clothes. I thought, 'That's not in my repertoire.'"

On who she would like to dress:
"I'm trying to think. Why is Rosie O'Donnell coming into my head? That's not the right answer. I don't know. My clothes are for all the girls out there who are plus-size and just want something cute to wear for the weekend or for work."

On body image in Hollywood:
"You know what? People say, 'Don't lose weight.' You don't want to be in that weird range of are you skinny or are you fat? Because how do you class yourself then? Weirdly, a lot of people say don't. But then I guess when you're doing movies with actresses who are super skinny and whatever and you got to do a photo shoot side by side…then you notice you're twice the weight they are. But for me, it's just about being comfortable in your own skin. You never want to be like too unhealthy because that's bad. But you just want to be comfortable with who you are, whatever your size."

On working out:
"I exercise like a mofo. I do personal training like five times a week. I also love playing tennis. I'm a beast on the court. I've been playing with a lot of retirees lately and they are very competitive but same ability athletic-wise. They're really good...When we film movies like How to Be Single, we shoot like 16 hours day and you're like giving it all day every day so you really got to have that stamina."

No comments:

Post a Comment