Thursday, January 28, 2016

Jamie-Lynn Sigler Reveals Reason Why She Kept MS A Secret For So Long

Jamie-Lynn Sigler recently appeared on The Today Show with Matt Lauer to talk about her MS Diagnosis, which she recently revealed to People magazine. In the interview, Sigler talks about why she kept her diagnosis a secret for so long:

"I lived with this secret that caused me to have so many feelings of shame and guilt and fear for so many years, so I think to finally sort of feel like I'm claiming my power back and being confident with the person that I am, I feel a great weight off my shoulders...I know [an industry professional was] looking out for me at the time but they said, 'I'm going to pretend you didn't tell me that, and I don't think you should every tell anyone that you have this disease, because people will limit you, people will judge you, and they won't hire you.' And I took that advice. I was 20 years old, I was scared and I thought that was the best thing. I was afraid, but I'm not anymore."


No comments:

Post a Comment