Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Shia LaBeouf Gives Debrief On Watching Shia LaBeouf Movies

Shia LaBeouf recently watched all of his movies in reverse chronological order, which he also livestreamed for our enjoyment. He talked about that experience, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter:

"I always go into these things every time — and this is my self-hate at work — what if they light my hair on fire? … This is a genuine fear of mine. I think people hate me. That’s just what goes on in my head. And all I want to do is be liked. I walked out loving myself. Not in some grandiose, you’re fucking awesome way, but in like, you’re a part of a community. You’re a part of this human thing."

After it was over:
"I’m walking through the streets and I’m smiling, like a cartoon character...I felt extraordinary support.... Once you press play on your life and you open up and there’s that vulnerability, and not only are people getting the artistic side of you but they’re getting the human side of you, watching that, you’ve shared everything. And the fact that you can walk out of there and people are still nodding at you and giving you a thumbs-up…it’s something else. I really don’t even know what it is yet, because I haven’t sat on it or done any writing or thought about it at all. I just know if I can explain a feeling, I feel lighter today. I feel love today. It’s as simple as this: I used to order my coffee and when they’d say, 'Hey what’s your name?' I’d say James, because I didn’t want them to say my name."

On how the experience unfolded:
"Everyone who came into the theater sat down and stared at me. And I felt it. And then they left within ten minutes, because they expected me to do some high-wire act. That’s not what we were there to do...Not just in art but in songs, in movies, in theater, what makes it great is when there’s a shared secret in the room. And what happened in that room for those couple of days was we all shared something; we knew it to be true, we didn’t need to explain it to one another, and that made it awesome."

On why he took nap breaks:
"[I thought] I hate myself...I'm dying right now. When I woke up an hour later and watched Transformers 2, they could feel when I sunk in my seat. That’s me going through some kind of crisis. And I’m not the only one. I remember right before I fell asleep, I looked next to me and the guy next to me was falling asleep. You can see it on the screenshot; we’re both asleep. And the guy behind us is asleep."

On the Even Stevens movie:
"It’s all of our childhood. It’s mine and it’s yours. It wasn’t just me smiling like that. If you look at the freeze frames, everyone is smiling like, 'Wow, I remember Beans. I remember that stupid-ass song.' We were all looking at our yearbook together, and we’re all in the yearbook."

No comments:

Post a Comment