Friday, November 20, 2015

Missy Elliott Talks Music Return


Missy Elliott recently sat down for an interview with Billboard Magazine, where she talked about returning to the music business. The magazine quotes her as follows:

“I have to be very careful. It’s different now. People are quick to be like, ‘You’re irrelevant, you’re a flop, you’re washed up.’ ...[The long break] was much needed. People hadn’t realized that I haven’t just been an artist, I’ve been a writer and a producer for other artists. When you’re writing that much, your brain is like a computer. You have refresh it.”

On having a panic attack the night before the Super Bowl performance:
“Like, IVs in my arm, everything. Nobody knew...I said, ‘If I can get over this step, then I know all my dance steps will be on point.’ I know it was nothing but the grace of God that lifted me up and took me through that performance.”

Read the full interview at Billboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment