Thursday, November 19, 2015

Drew Barrymore Still Follows Steven Spielberg's Advice

Drew Barrymore recently appeared at Self Magazine's event, Empowering Conversations, where she had this to say, as quoted by Page Six:

“When Steven Spielberg gives you advice, you listen. I remember him saying to me [about commercials and endorsements], ‘Please don’t do that.’ My mom and I were from a [single-parent] home. We weren’t doing very well economically. It was extremely tantalizing to take these opportunities. He said, ‘in the broad vision of life, it will water you down. And if you choose your battles carefully, it will be a lot more meaningful.' At seven with a single-mother home, that was really hard to stay in that type of strict mandate."

On working with CoverGirl almost 30 years later.
“They came along and they said we’d love to work with you as a spokesmodel. And I said I am not a spokesmodel. I am Josie Grossie. So that’s not gonna work but I really appreciate the idea. However, I love producing and I love being behind things and I love photographers and I love graphics. I studied all of that stuff forever so, maybe one day. And they were like okay. Then they came back and they said would you ever consider being co-creative director? And I said yes. That I would love to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment