Friday, July 17, 2015

Sir Ian McKellan Did A Reddit AMA

Sir Ian McKellan recently sat down for a Reddit AMA. Here are some of his best answers:

On what souvenirs he took from the Lord of the Rings set:
"Many. Many. Many. The scenery that was built in the studio was sensational. And I think my favorite set, that I didn't act in, was the golden Liar, where the dragon was hiding. Hundreds of thousands of golden coins, specially made.
And if you don't tell anyone, I can tell you that I have some of those coins. Along with the font door key to Bag End, which i know Peter Jackson is looking for, but will never find."

On his go-to home cooked meal:
"I'll give you the recipe.
Slice potatoes thinly. Slice onions thinly. Grade some strong cheddar cheese. You slice some small tomatoes. And you layer those ingredients. And put them in a medium oven for one hour. And to make sure it's delicious as it always is, pour a little single cream over the potatoes, which should be the top layer.
Very comforting, quite nutritious, easy to make. Astound your friends."

On whether or not there are perks of being knighted:
"Not really. There's no money involved. You get a medal. And a lot of respect I suppose. The one slight problem is that sometimes the tittle gets in the way. Particularly backstage or on set when I much prefer not to have it used."

And when asked if he would rather fight 100 Hobbit-sized Balrogs, or 1 Balrog-sized Hobbit:
"I would never fight a Hobbit, no matter his size. So I would have to go with the first. 100 Hobbit-sized Balrogs is easy. Easy."

Read the full AMA at Reddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment