Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Kristen Stewart Talks Coming Of Age In The Public Eye

Kristen Stewart recently sat down for an interview with Marie Claire, where she talked about growing up in front of intense media scrutiny. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"Speaking very candidly, it was a really traumatic period in my early 20s that kick-started something in me that was a bit more, feral...Between ages 15 and 20, it was really intense. I was constantly anxious. I was kind of a control freak. If I didn't know how something was going to turn out, I would make myself ill, or just be locked up or inhibited in a way that was really debilitating."

On her hair:
"My hair was such a crutch. I looked quote unquote 'sexy' no matter what. I could hide behind it. As soon as I didn't have all that hair, I had to let my face hang out. I felt more confident than I had in a really long time. And it felt really good. Maybe to most people long hair is prettier. But then what? Is your main goal in life to be desired? That is boring as fuck."

No comments:

Post a Comment