Monday, May 18, 2015

Florence Welch Had A Breakdown

Florence Welch, of Florence + the Machine, recently sat down for an interview with Billboard where she talked about taking some time off last year. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I had kind of a breakdown and washed up a bit of a mess to the studio. I had just wore myself out...Without the structure of touring, you have to face your own chaos. I was playing gigs nonstop since I was 21. When I was left to my own devices, I realized I was fucking everything up. I was in and out of a relationship, in and out of drinking too much. It was like constantly picking yourself up and then dropping yourself, picking yourself up and dropping yourself. And that was exhausting. I used to drink before every performance. I'm quite shy, really — that's probably why I used to drink a lot. But I don’t anymore. When I finally took time off to make this new record, I had time to strengthen. And when I was coming back into the fray, I really didn't want to lose that." 

Read the full interview at Billboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment