Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Milo Ventimiglia Almost Quit Acting

This Is Us star Milo Ventimiglia recently sat down for an interview with People, where he reflected back on some of his career struggles. Here's what he had to say:

“I was just fed up. I couldn’t catch a break to lock on to some work and be creative. I was going to go be an auto mechanic. In Southern California there’s this auto school and it’s advertised ‘Everybody needs mechanics, because they need those cars fixed’ and I’m like, ‘That’s a job that’s going to be in demand, so why don’t I learn more than I already know about cars and professionally fix cars.’ [After Gilmore Girls], I wasn’t there yet in other people’s eyes. So I was just like, ‘Look, I feel that I’m there and if you don’t see it then sorry, fuck you.’ So I basically was like, ‘I’m gonna go.’”

“The third time I was gonna quit I was like, ‘You know what, I gotta leave the country, because this is just killing me, this business. I have dual citizenship with Italy. I was like, ‘I’m gonna sell everything, I’m going to fly to Rome, I’m gonna buy a motorcycle, I’m going to ride around until I can find a farm I can work on. I’m going to shave my head, I’m gonna grow a beard and I’m going to work on a farm … just lead a very different life very far away.”

On working on Heroes:
“It broke my spirit. Because that show itself, toward the end, it felt like the world-ending engine was more important than the human experience of it, which is what the show started as. It kind of just broke me inside and I thought to myself ‘Do I really want to do this? Do I want to continue acting? Because it may just be disappointment after disappointment after disappointment.’ ”

No comments:

Post a Comment