Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Drew Barrymore Talks Wine

Drew Barrymore recently sat down for an interview with People to talk about her wine label, Barrymore Wines. Here's what she had to say:

On being involved in her brand:
“I hate name slapping, I won’t do it. I was apprehensive to put my name on it. I think if you can talk about the journey and you are educated, invested and involved, you can gauge who really is there.”

On Frosé (frozen rosé):
“I made my first Frosé with our rosé and it was so amazing! I couldn’t believe it. It was as good as I hoped it would be.”

On merlot getting a bad rap after the movie Sideways:
“There are some really beautiful Merlots out there. I want to bring Merlot back. The question is: Will I ever get a chance to do that? I don’t know. It is a weird pipe dream of mine.”

On paying attention to industry trends:
“We are happy to follow trends, as long as it is what we generally like ourselves. If we come up with the perfect California Cab and we love it, great. But I don’t want to do it because it is the number one seller in the market.”

No comments:

Post a Comment