Monday, February 13, 2017

Selena Gomez Talks Growing Up Famous

Selena Gomez recently spoke at a Netflix panel about her new series 13 Reasons Why, on which she is an executive producer. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by The Hollywood Reporter:

"Whether it was just kids, or growing up in the biggest high school in the world, which was Disney Channel, it was also adults that had the audacity to tell me how to live my life. It was very confusing for me, it was so confusing. I had no idea who I was going to be. It hits a very important part in me, and I think this is what they need to see...Whether I like it or not, people have seen my mistakes, and I have to use that as a good thing. It definitely hits home. That's why I wanted to make sure I was still apart of this project in any way."

On where she was in her life when she started this project:
"I was actually going through a really difficult time when they started production. I went away for 90 days, and I actually met tons of kids in this place that we're talking about a lot of the issues that these characters are experiencing...It's hard right now. I can't stand social media, I can't stand what they're looking at. I can't stand what they think is reality, and [this] show is real as it could possibly get."

No comments:

Post a Comment