Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Ryan Murphy Talks Feuds

Ryan Murphy recently sat down for an interview with E! News to promote his upcoming FX series Feud. When asked about the infamous Naya Rivera / Lea Michele feud on the set of Glee, here's what he had to say:

"I feel like in the case of that show [Glee], that show was just a shitstorm of difficulty, largely because, what do you do when you're 18 years old or 19 years old and you wake up one day and you're world famous? I think a lot of that was informed by their youth and being involved in a phenomenon. And I know for a fact that they [Lea and Naya] admired each other's work, ‘cause I directed them both in scenes. I don't think I would take on Lea and Naya. I think for a feud to work on this show, it has to have decades of pain behind it. But if they're still feuding at 40, I might consider it. I'll call them up in a couple years."

And then he added this bit of tea:
There were many boys on our show that didn't get along. And you never hear about that. You never hear about that in our culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment