Monday, February 13, 2017

Drew Barrymore Talks Acting on the Small Screen

Drew Barrymore recently spoke at a Netflix press event about her move to the small screen for her new show Santa Clarita Diet. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by The Hollywood Reporter:

On deciding to try her hand at a television series:
"I was just in a really low point in my life and I read the script and it made me laugh and it made me feel something. It took out of my own world that wasn’t super pleasant at the time and I thought, maybe other people want to be taken out of their unpleasant times and be transported into something that's cool and different. [This show] was such a safe place to spend my summer while my whole life was falling apart. I wasn't participating in a lot of aspects so this to me was such a lucky, fortunate thing. Timing is everything."

On losing weight during production:
"If you were on that diet, you would just thin out, no question about it. We talked about this idea, this transformation of this woman, but very real, very subtle, a lot of attitudinal changes, a confidence, a new sort of air about someone. For me, I really kept thinking about what this woman was going through and trying to track it in my real life. It was really awesome for my real life."

No comments:

Post a Comment