Friday, February 17, 2017

Nicole Kidman Makes a Revelation

Nicole Kidman recently sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit in anticipation of her new series Big Little Lies, which premieres on HBO on Sunday. Here are some of the highlights:

On her Parrot dress from the Golden Globes:
“I have no problem being divisive. My eight-year-old [Sunday Rose] said, ‘You’re wearing that?’ My six-year-old [Faith Margaret] was like, ‘What’s on your shoulder?!’ My mum
called me the day after [the Golden Globes] and said, “What were you wearing? You need to cover up more.”

On criticism:
“I’m not a fan of ‘Worst Dressed’ things because I don’t believe in crucifying people for their individual [taste]. It just seems nasty and misogynistic, so that needs to go away. I have worked with directors who are divisive, so I’m used to [criticism], and as my husband says, ‘You don’t want to have a thick skin; that’s not a compliment.’ Oh well, sticks and stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you, right?”

On her career choices:
“I’m dedicated to being the chameleon. Since I was little I
was taught that when you are an actress you change the way you look and talk and move so that you create the character. That’s what I love doing; small role, big role, it doesn’t matter.”

On husband Keith Urban not liking to see her suffering from her roles:
“He doesn’t like it, but he’s an artist so he understands. And people have to live it so I should be able to act it, you know? That’s how I always see those things. The loss of a child, so many people in this world are going through that – the least I can do is act it with the deepest, most real truth I can find, and give that to them as a way of reaching out. Compassion, if that makes sense. It’s my way of connecting.”

And on an engagement that she managed to keep quiet:
“Well, I knew (Big Little Lies co-star) ZoĆ« [Kravitz] because I was engaged to her father. It’s all in the family! I love Lenny; he’s a great guy.”

Read the full interview at Net-a-Porter's The Edit (warning: it contains some light spoilers for Big Little Lies)

-

No comments:

Post a Comment