Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Paris Jackson Talks to Rolling Stone

Paris Jackson, daughter of the late Michael Jackson, recently sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone. Here's what she had to say:

On grief:
"They always say, 'Time heals.' But it really doesn't. You just get used to it. I live life with the mentality of 'OK, I lost the only thing that has ever been important to me.' So going forward, anything bad that happens can't be nearly as bad as what happened before. So I can handle it...I feel him with me all the time."

On her past suicide attempts:
"It was just self-hatred, low self-esteem, thinking that I couldn't do anything right, not thinking I was worthy of living anymore...It was just once that it became public." 

On cyber-bullying:

"The whole freedom-of-speech thing is great. But I don't think that our Founding Fathers predicted social media when they created all of these amendments and stuff."

On attending a theraputic school in Utah:
"It was great for me. I'm a completely different person. I was crazy. I was actually crazy. I was going through a lot of, like, teen angst. And I was also dealing with my depression and my anxiety without any help." 

On modelling:
"I've had self-esteem issues for a really, really long time. Plenty of people think I'm ugly, and plenty of people don't. But there's a moment when I'm modeling where I forget about my self-esteem issues and focus on what the photographer's telling me – and I feel pretty. And in that sense, it's selfish."

On growing up with Michael Jackson:
"I just thought his name was Dad, Daddy. We didn't really know who he was. But he was our world. And we were his world...We couldn't just go on the rides whenever we wanted to. We actually had a pretty normal life. Like, we had school every single day, and we had to be good. And if we were good, every other weekend or so, we could choose whether we were gonna go to the movie theater or see the animals or whatever. But if you were on bad behavior, then you wouldn't get to go do all those things...He was a kick-ass cook. His fried chicken is the best in the world. He taught me how to make sweet potato pie."

Read the full interview at Rolling Stone.






No comments:

Post a Comment