Monday, January 23, 2017

Gavin Rossdale Still Talking About Gwen Stefani

Gavin Rossdale is now a judge on The Voice UK, so recently sat down for an interview with The Sun to promote the new season. And of course he was asked about Gwen Stefani for the zillionth time. Here's what he had to say:

“[Divorce] was completely opposite to what I wanted. Really not…But here we are. Apart from death, I think divorce is one of the hardest, most painful things to go through. The one thing – the only good thing, because everything else is not good – is we care about the children and it’s about them. So we do everything to make this life change as seamless as possible.”

On the prospect of dating:
“I’ve so much going on, that’s not a factor right now. [The kids] want me to get a girlfriend and examine me if a name pops up on a text. I think Kingston is going to be in the CID when he grows up. They obviously see a complete set-up with their other home, and it’s really busy [with] all the family. When they come to me – unlucky, it’s just me! I always feel a bit like: ‘Sorry about that.’ So we have a lot of play dates and the [other] parents come round and have big dinners."

On how the divorce has impacted their children:
“It was shocking for everyone. For me, it was about being solid for them, and silent but respectful of Gwen. That’s what I’ll be forever. Those days were the worst days ever. It’s all a bit of a blur. You have to try and be as compassionate as possible. It was weird because I had to go and make a home from scratch that could compare to the great one they already have. That was the challenge for me as a dad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment