Friday, January 27, 2017

Frances Bean Is So Over 90s Fashion

Frances Bean Cobain has been named the new face of Marc Jacobs. She recently sat down for an interview with Vogue, where she talked about that as well as her thoughts on grunge. Here's what she had to say:

On modeling for Marc Jacobs:
“I don’t think I’ll be modeling for anybody else for a very long time—this is 100 percent outside my comfort zone. I wouldn’t have done it with anyone other than Marc. I don’t model unless I think the project is cool, and I don’t put my name behind something that I don’t genuinely believe in. I thought this collection was great, and I was flattered that Marc thought of me for this. What I said to Marc when I was saying yes was that he’s an underdog for the masses. He’s still very rebellious within the fashion world, and he’s been like that his entire career...I’m not representing the beautiful top models of the world. I’m representing what a general, standard, average human girl would look like wearing these clothes. I think that’s why Marc picked me for this.”

On 90s fashion coming back into fashion:
“I don’t fucking care what they did in the ’90s; I wasn’t around and it’s not relevant to me. Yes, the ’90s were influential, for sure, but it’s just not my cup of tea. When it’s shoved down your throat every day for 24 years, you just stop caring...I find it interesting where grunge originated from, and then where it was taken, which was high fashion. My dad was so poor that they kept going to Goodwill to get donated ripped jeans. It wasn’t a fashion decision; it was an ‘I don’t have any money, I have no other choice’ type of decision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment