Friday, September 9, 2016

Renee Zellweger Talks Kenny Chesney

Renee Zellweger recently sat down for an interview with The Advocate, where she talked about the gay rumours that surrounded Kenny Chesney after she annulled their marriage due to "fraud." Here's what she had to say:

After citing “fraud” as the reason for annulling your marriage to Kenny Chesney in 2005, many media outlets alleged that he must be gay.
"I forgot about that. It’s a pretty big thing to forget, isn’t it? That made me sad. It made me sad that somehow people were using that as a way to be cruel and calling someone gay as a pejorative, which has fateful consequences. Of course, there’s the bigger-picture problem of why anyone had to make up a story at all."

Were you tempted to publicly jump to his defense?
"Well, I’d said all I needed to say on that subject. I’m an old-fashioned gal who doesn’t feel it’s appropriate to hang out your laundry on the lawn. I feel you devalue yourself as a human being when you share very personal things with a bajillion strangers who are making fun of you. I just don’t see that there’s any dignity in that. But sometimes it is difficult to just let something be what it is, especially when it’s unnecessary ugliness. Once you’ve said your piece, shouldn’t that be enough? And why is the ugliness that’s perpetuated in the media so attractive to people?"

Hmmm, and yet no where in there was a denial...

Read the full interview at The Advocate.


No comments:

Post a Comment