Saturday, September 10, 2016

Kate Upton Talks Haters

Kate Upton is on the cover of this month's Glamour Magazine. Here's what she had to say:

GLAMOUR: What about the haters? Do the negative comments get to you?
Kate Upton: "In the beginning it was so hurtful. But I have to say, the other day I was reading some negative comments, and I was thinking they were really funny. So I guess they don’t anymore."

GLAMOUR: When you first became famous, you were called out for not having a typical model body type. Did anyone ever tell you to lose weight?
KU: "All. The. Time. At first I tried to diet to become their image, but eventually I realized that it wasn’t realistic—that this is just the shape of my body. So I had to block them out. I think that the people who are the loudest about wanting to change you are the people with the least amount of vision and creativity."

GLAMOUR: You have to have confidence in yourself to see that. Where does your confidence come from?
KU: "Where I grew up, it was considered a great thing to have a curvy body to fill out a bathing suit. For that to be a negative was so confusing to me. And besides, when I started working, I was booked constantly, mostly for catalog work. So when people were saying, “Oh, she doesn’t have the right look for a model,” I thought, Then why am I working every single day? There are so many different directions you can take in the modeling industry, so many ways to be successful."

GLAMOUR: Has living with a pro athlete motivated you to work out?
KU: "This is probably bad to say, but I’m going to say it anyway: I always thought that baseball players were kind of fat and not athletic. I was really surprised by how athletic Justin was. I wanted to learn tennis, and he goes out and he’s never played before and just beats me. I’m thinking, This is the worst. Who invited you?"



No comments:

Post a Comment